Troškūnai St Trinity Church and Bernardine Monastery

Troškūnai St Trinity Church and Bernardine Monastery

Architecture

In 1696 Vladislovas Sakalauskas, the owner of Troškūnai Manor, invited Bernardine monks to come to the town and initiated the construction of the new church according to the project of the architect Martin Knakfus. The church was completed in the late 18th century and inside the church there is a painting of the Blessed Mary the Queen of Rosary, famous for its grace. Near the church there is an ensemble of the monastery built during the same century.

Reviews

To comment on